Monday, December 25, 2006

VETERAN'S DAY

Veteran's Day:
I'm not a Veteran; In this case I want to make a disclaimer~
I wanted to enter the Military, I tried several branches, but it didn't happen. I have always Supported Our Troops.

I have a problem with this aspect of Veteran's Day:
The Maintenance man visited our place on Veteran's Day. In the course of our conversation he indicated he shouldn't even be working. It was Veterans Day, and he was a Veteran. He wasn't bitter or angry. He just made the comment to me as a friend.

But I found myself incredulous and eventually angry. What's wrong with that scene?
Government Employees, have the day off. Even non-Veterans. Banks, Local Governments, and Public Buildings are closed. But our guy, and many like him, had to work. Just another day as usual? I take issue with that.

Every Veteran should receive a token of our appreciation every single Veteran's Day. I was in the process of writing a letter to the President when I realized how futile that would be.

So, I'm soliciting comments here. I need advice on how to proceed most effectively.

No comments: